My love of the supportive style of body work began whilst receiving my first ever shiatsu treatment. I experienced such a deep calm feeling arise within me, as though I’d landed at home somehow, in a way i had not experienced before, where I felt my body, soul and mind gently land and integrate together with a sense of harmony and deep relaxation. I felt as though I had discovered a deep healing space within me at my very core, a sense I really enjoyed and wanted more of.
After receiving regular shiatsu treatments I realised the benefits filtered through on so many levels, physical, emotional and spiritual, that offered a huge suport alongside lifes changes and challenges. I wanted to share this amazing therapy with others and went on to train as a practitioner with the Bristol School of Shiatsu.
My love of shiatsu still remains very much in my heart today, no two treatments are ever the same in this deeply supportive style of bodywork. It is a meeting of the practitioner’s and the client’s energies as we discover together what could support you the best in that moment. Along with the knowledge that you have the answers within you and the power to connect in with your own healing, it is not myself who heals you, but supports you in the process.
I am deeply grateful & honour all my teachers throughout the years on my Shiatsu journey.
• Bristol School Of Shiatsu and Oriental Medicine 3 yr Diploma 1993-96.
• Shiatsu Society qualification and registration 1997 to the present day.
• Healing Shiatsu School, Sonia Moriceau 2004.
• Bristol Shiatsu School, Kieth Phillips, one year post graduate 2009-10.
• Deepening therapeutic touch, Bristol School of Shiatsu, various courses attended.
• CPD - ongoing.
Training & Interests
• Reiki 1+2. 1996-2010
• Women's circle training - Listening skills & Speaking with connection- 2006.
• Woman Within Level 1+2. 2004-2014. Empowerment work, to find out more visit the Woman within website.
• Women in Power-2016- present.
Transformative work that honours a woman's heart and soul. Visit the Woman in power website.
Coming for a treatment
• Treatments last 1 hour.
• Medical history may be asked for and some general questions on lifestyle.
• Please wear loose comfortable clothing such a jogging bottoms or leggings, no jeans.
• Heavy eating before the treatment is unadvisable as would be uncomfortable.
• Please do not drink alcohol on the day of your treatment.
• All information will be kept in confidentiality.
• Remember to drink water to stay hydrated, prevent headaches and help flush out any toxins released from the body.
• No heavy lifting for 24-48 hours after treatment.
• Rest if feel tired, while your body adjusts. Be gentle and aware of your movements and to not push yourself.
• Some tiredness and achy feelings may arise in the 24-48 hrs after a treatment, this is quite normal as your body and energy go through the process of letting go into a new balance.
• Avoid hot baths for 6 hours after a treatment, allowing things to settle little first.
• Emotions may arise that have been moved within you, try to let them be here and flow through your awarness with compassion and without judgment. Take note of anything arising if you want to discuss at a later point.
• Shiatsu does not contradict any medications you may be taking. It is not a replacement of any medical advice you may be receiving. Please keep your Dr notified of any health concerns.
Appointments available at
Tuesdays. Centre for Integral Health
Shrewsbury - Shropshire
Visit the Integral Health website.
Thursdays : Sarah's Home Practice
Lydbury North, Shropshire SY7
Fridays : The Natural Harmony Centre
Llanerfly, Powys. SY21 - 01938 820663
Visit the Natural Harmony Centre website.